Chain Link Fences
Home | Services | Fencing
Chain link fences are one of the most popular fencing styles for both residential and commercial properties. The chain link fence is so widely used because it is very cost effective, easy to install and a very practical style of fencing. We at Dell Fence, a Division of Dell Landscaping Inc, have been installing chain link fencing for many years throughout Bergen, Essex and Morris Counties, New Jersey.
Chain Link fencing is also commonly referred to as cyclone fence, hurricane fence, wire netting, or diamond-mesh fence. The diamond pattern is created by the wires running vertically and being bent into zigzag patterns. It is generally seen in a galvanized or silver color but there are many manufacturers that offer chain link fencing in a variety of colors. The experienced fencing team at Dell Fence will provide you with all the resources and knowledge you need to ensure you get the best fence possible. Let the professionals install a chain link fence that will be both sturdy and durable and last a lifetime.
Here are the things to consider when selecting and installing chain link fencing:
- Application - If the chain link fence is mainly going to be used to accent you’re landscaping or define property boundaries you could use a lighter mesh. However, if you are using the fence to contain animals or pets you may need a heavy duty mesh fence.
- Visual Appeal - If you want to create a unique looking fence then there are a variety of colors on the market today that will enable you to make your own statement.
- Longevity – in order to maintain and preserve the look of your chain link fence it is recommended that you consider using the color coated mesh option. This will leave your fencing system looking great throughout its life expectancy.
Chain link fence installation
- A chain link fence is installed quite simply and that is by installing posts into the ground and then attaching the mesh fencing to them.
- To start you will need to get your posts. These can be steel, timber or concrete. The posts are driven into the ground or can also be set into the ground with concrete.
- These line posts should be set at intervals of no more than 10 feet.
- Terminal posts are posts that either the end posts, on a corner or gate posts. These posts are always set in concrete or anchored, so as to prevent leaning.
- The mesh fencing is then attached at one end and stretched to reach the other end. Any excess can be removed by unscrewing the wire.
- The mesh is tied in to the line posts with an aluminum wire.
- To help minimize the in and out movement of the bottom of a chain link fence often a ‘coil wire’ is attached between the terminal posts.
- The ‘coil wire’ should be secured to the line posts once it is stretched. The mesh fencing is ‘hog ringed’ to the tension wire on center.
At Dell Fence we can take care of all of the installation of your chain link fence. Our team will guide you through the whole process from the planning and design phase right through to the installation phase. Getting the help of a professional fencing company like Dell will ensure you get a chain link fence that is not only going to be durable and stand the test of time but one that will also enhance the look of your property on a whole. So don’t hesitate and contact us today for a free consultation and let us turn your fencing visions into a reality!
We service Wyckoff, Franklin Lakes, Saddle River, Wayne, Kinnelon, West Milford and neighboring cities in New Jersey. If you are looking for a contractor that you can trust to get the job done right than please feel free to set up a free in home consultation and written estimate. 1-888-909-DELL.
Or click here to request a free online estimate.